DON'T FORGET TO ASSIGN SOMEONE TO ACTIVELY UPDATE YOUR EMAIL LIST ...
1. check for bad addresses and either remove or fix
2. add new names..... (consistently cultivate new relationships)
BUT WAIT, THERE IS MORE...
3. compare opens, clicks and engagement (click-to-open) versus the industry standards. (what is good when you haven't benchmarked your results?)
4. make it mobile friendly (otherwise you will lose a significant part of your audience)
5. send it out at the right 'time'.... (Friday afternoon at 3:30pm is perhaps not the best time to ask your audience to complete a financial stability survey but it may be the right time to invite your target audience try a local restaurant with an enticing 25% off coupon!)
So, getting social is important but don't just do it... Do it Right!